Home of the New-Humans Health & Fitness Program

Sunday, April 15, 2012

How to Develop and Maintain a Healthy Attitude




LONGevitation is of no interest if long life brings prolonged  pain, incoherence or incapacitation.

So if you and I want to markedly increase your life span, it is obvious that we need to take better care of our incredible biological information systems.

It is possible, and likely, that at some stage in human evolution, our bodies may be partial or complete artificial constructs.  New-Humans may eventually even metamorphosize into digital beings with nearly infinite longevity, but to get there we have to not only survive but prosper health-wise.  As Spock says, “Live Long and Prosper.”

Disclaimer, although my title is Dr. Nolan, I am a biologist, not an MD.  The journey that I describe and the extreme measures that I take on a daily basis, could turn your life around too, or not.  Therefore, I urge you to consult a qualified physician before undertaking any of the mental and physical programs which I describe.  Seriously!  You have been warned.

Everything about the human body, its evolution, its physiology, and its longevity has a basis in information.  Whether we and the matter of our universe consist of information or whether matter and ourselves may only be described by information is a topic of debate among cosmologists and cosmogonists.  Suffice to say, when things go right, the information is flowing from our DNA to our brains, muscles, and bones in a proper fashion.  Errors or blockages in the flow of our bio-information causes both mental and physical disturbances.  Think of disease as an error message on our CPU.  If the program is corrupted, as mine was, then any number of serious manifestations may develop. 

The good news for me is that I am beginning to be able to rewrite my program.  So far the results have exceeded my wildest expectations.  Not one of the extreme exercise and diet measures that I do daily are troublesome or unappealing to me.  In fact, I look forward to every positive, productive procedure that I follow beginning as soon as I arise in the morning.  I feel no sacrifice.  I feel no loss.  I feel wonderful!



Overcoming Excuses and Rationalizations


If a person doesn’t want to do something, then it is likely that they will find a ready excuse—some sort of rationalization—that relieves the mental stress of not doing what they know to be the right thing to do (like assigning exercise and diet to Number One Priority).

Do any of these sound familiar?  I well know all of these excuses.

I don’t have time to go to the gym today.  I’ll go tomorrow.

I don’t have time to walk, I have a job and have to go to work.

My shoulders hurt.  I can’t workout.

I am too tired to go the gym or on a walk.

I know that fast food is bad for me, but I don’t have time to go home or to a healthy (expensive)  establishment

I love beer and am into sports.  Every televised game I see coaches and players pitching beer.  I have been told that beer is actually a food.  How can it be bad for me?

There are so many smart, fancy people drinking wine with lunch and dinner.  It must be OK.

I now know that alcohol is bad for me, I just need to get through this ____________(day, project, disaster, month, year) then I will quit drinking

I promise that when I go to my neighborhood bar tonight,  I am only going to have one drink!

The Bottom Line


Alcohol consumption in any form and in any amount will kill you--or turn you  into a brain dead zombie.  It is a dangerous chemical that is a waste product of single celled yeast organisms.  Even the yeast die under prolonged exposure to alcohol!  Why in the Hell would we want to consume waste products anyway?

Consumption of alcohol also affects our judgment, facilitating all sorts of negative behavior.  Our biological information systems are thrown a monkey wrench.

Eating processed foods will make us obese and will kill us.  Saturated fatty acids and trans fats interfere with the openings in the cell membrane through which insulin transports glucose into the cell.  Without glucose, cell mitochondria are unable to function and glucose builds up in the blood stream causing diabetes.

Eating animal tissue soaked with hormones will shorten our lives and is not needed in spite of what the Kentucky colonel says about the quality of the meals it sells made of dead birds.

Not exercising STRENUOUSLY EVERY DAY will make us obese and kill us.

STOP CONSUMING ALCOHOL.  If we buy the immense corporate marketing pitch that red wine has some health benefits, then get those benefits by taking Resveratol supplements from Ray Kurzweil's longevity company, Ray & Terry's.



I am just getting started.  The next installment will be next Sunday.



Please check out our New-Humans Metamorphosis Club Amazon store where you can select from over 1,000,000 products.  I have set up categories for New-Humans interested in health and long living.  All transactions are made on Amazon.com’s secure, encrypted website.  No registration is needed.



Live Long and Prosper
New-Human-Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment